Before setting up the system for synchronization
Before you setup both systems to synchronize, create a backup of the recorded times in your Xpert-Timer App. Please point to the chapter "Create backup" to learn how to create a backup in the system. With this backup, you can return to the current state in case you run into problems with the synchronization.
In order to have the two systems running the minimum you need is:
✓XT Webserver (Attention: You need the XTSyncServer even if you plan on using it only in your LAN, without a connection to the internet. The transfer of data between the MOBILE and Pro/Enterprise Version always requires the Webserver, but not necessarily a connection through the internet.)
Important first steps
Before you synchronize for the first time, create a backup of the data on your Phone (if data has been recorded).
Likewise, make sure that the system time of your Android smart phone and your Windows system are exactly the same, to avoid synchronization errors.
To get the two systems to communicate with each other follow these steps:
1.Install Xpert-Timer Enterprise (Multi-user) or Pro (Single-user) on your Windows machine:
2.Install the XTSyncServer on a Windows machine that's running when you synchronize the data between the to systems. We suggest (for the Single User installation) to install it on the computer you are running your Xpert-Timer Pro/Enterprise version on.
3.Start your SyncServer.exe (XTWebserver.exe) in your SyncServer Installation path.
Start XTSyncServer Service (this Program should start automatically after the setup). If you don't own the necessary user rights, a popup dialog will tell you. In this case you need to restart the Webservice with administrator rights.
4. Activate your license file, you received from Xpert-Design Software, when you purchased the product.
5. First you have to establish the connection between Xpert-Timer Webservice Service and Xpert-Timers' database. To do so, please point to the configuration and choose the tab "Database". Please note, that you can only connect to your SQL Database using a user name and password (you might need to create a new user in your database). For security reasons the windows authentication will not work.
6. Point to the tab "General" in your Xpert-Timer SyncSrever Service dialog and enter your connection details to the server. Now, test the connection. Please note, that the port of your local firewall must be open. In order to configure your firewall point to Windows -> Run / Execute -> firewall.cpl. In the settings, enter your Xpert-Timer SyncServer Service (XTWebServerService.exe) as a trusted program.
7.Save the settings and restart the service.
8. If you connect to your database through the internet, you have to open your ports in the firewall (e.g. through UPnP) and use your port forwarding to direct the requests to the correct server. Please double-check if UPnP is activated on your router.
9. FYI: If you want to check your connection with the database, you can send a command through a browser to your SyncServer, e.g.: http://xpertdesign.dyndns.com/client/* This command returns all clients in the database.
10. Now your SyncServer service is installed.
11. Now enter all data for the SyncServer in your SyncServer settings in the Xpert-Timer for Windows configuration.
12. Open the user settings -> Tab "Additional modules" and activate the synchronization. A Sync-ID is created. This number is necessary to create the connection between the Enterprise/Pro and the Mobiel version.
Choose Mobile device and you'll get a confirmation dialog, that your synchronization is activated.
13. Make sure your XTSyncServer is running and connected to the correct database.
14. Start your Android Xpert-Timer App.
15. In the main dialog, choose "Menu" and "Synchronize".
16. Enter the 6-digit Activation Code you created in your Xpert-Timer (Sync-Client_ID)..The Short Activation code or the long ID number will work.
17. Make sure, you've also entered the IP Address, the port and the correct user name and password for the XTSyncServer.
18.The connection is now set up. If you entered your data correctly and configured your Webserver/SyncServer correctly, you should now be able to synchronize with your main database.